Camp Aranu'tiq's flagship camp program for ages 8-15
What is camp like?
Please note: Due to high demand, we now accept new campers ages 8 through 13 only. 14 and 15-year-olds are required to have attended our camp(s) prior to 2017.
Both locations operate as follows:
- We have three meals together as an entire camp, four structured activity periods, two free periods, and an all-camp evening activity
- Campers sign up for daytime activities prior to camp and stay within age-appropriate groups
- Campers sleep in cabins with others of the same age group and similar gender identity/expression
- Campers are under the direct care of camp counselors at all times; two nurses are on grounds 24 hours a day
- Campers and counselors are called by their preferred name and pronoun
- We operate as a typical overnight camp; do not formally talk about gender, we just let our kids be kids!
- Campers interact the old fashioned way - no video games, Internet, or cell phones. Music players are allowed.
& family members who drop off their kids at camp on opening day are
invited to stay for a 90-minute parent meetup group
- We have camp security on the premises 24/7/365
- It is important to note that we are not a therapeutic camp. Overnight camp is an intense experience away from home for kids who can be self-sufficient (with help from our camp counselors) and enjoy constant socializing, the outdoors, and an often loud dining experience. Please contact us if you are unsure if our camp is right for your child.
Activities & Accommodations
New Hampshire location:
- Canoeing, kayaking, swimming, & stand-up paddleboarding in a crystal clear lake, plus arts & crafts, drama/acting, music, archery, rock climbing, "gaga" (a popular type of dodgeball), low ropes adventure course, and a host of sports such as soccer, kickball, basketball, volleyball, and more. Camp also includes campfires, a talent show, and other special activities.
- Canoeing, swimming in a pool, plus arts & crafts, drama, teamwork-building "challenge" activities, "gaga" (a popular type of dodgeball), volleyball, basketball, rock climbing, archery, and more. Camp also includes campfires, a talent show, and other special activities.
Campers stay in cabins with approximately 7-12 other campers and 2-4 counselors, depending on the size of the cabin. Cabins are rustic inside with bunk beds and space to "hang out" in the middle. Restrooms and showers are nearby. All restrooms and showers provide ample privacy for our campers.
Dates & Rates
We are no longer accepting applications for New Hampshire flagship camps. Please check back in the fall for 2018 dates.
DATES FOR 2017 in Southern California:
RATES: $750 per week, either location.
Thanks to donations, we are able to offer financial assistance and scholarships. More information is on our application form.
We offer bus service from the nearest major airports to camp, Boston-Logan and Ontario (California), chaperoned by our volunteers. The cost for ground transportation is $50 each way.
For the privacy of our campers, exact locations of our camps are given to enrolled families only.
Please note: Due to high demand, we accept new campers ages 8 through 13 only. 14 and 15-year-old campers are returning campers only.